Sunday, April 3, 2011

butterLONDON Yummy Mummy

This is the last of my recent butterLONDON order. I must admit that when I pulled the three bottles out of the box, I wasn't excited about Yummy Mummy at all. Marrow and British Racing Green stand out quite a bit, and Yummy Mummy is much more subtle. Subtle, but man oh man is it pretty! A great neutral with silvery shimmer. It might be my favorite of the three. Application was lovely. This is 2 thin coats with a topcoat of Posche. I think next time I'll use 3 coats. As many others have said, this one would be excellent to use after some bright, obnoxious color. You know, giving your eyes a rest and all.


I also tried a new base coat. Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps. It comes in clear, or tinted. I chose clear. I'm not sure it's meant as a base coat, but is supposed to make nails as strong as if they had acrylic wraps. I'm anxious to see if helps my peeling nails and has any staying power under polish. This is a shot of my 2 favorite nails. (I know, I'm a goober) I wish all ten of them looked that way, but hey. This is after 1 coat of Hard as Wraps.

Oh! And, my Zoya order arrrived. I got Faye, Areej, and Sooki. As a True Blood fan, I couldn't resist that one! I split the order with a friend and she got Sooki, Mira, and Breezi. I might be able to convince her to let me post hers here as well.

2 comments:

  1. I have favorite nails too. So, we can be goobers together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kellie - *whew!* I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...