Thursday, April 7, 2011

butterLONDON All Hail The Queen

I finally got the last lemming on my list! A quickie overnight trip to Chicago led me to Ulta, which led me to the teeny, tiny end cap display of butterLONDON polishes, which led me to the next-to-last All Hail The Queen in the place! Behold...


I don't know why I love this one so much. I love holo glitters, but don't usually get so enraptured with nudes (Yummy Mummy excepted). This one has me though. I found myself staring at it all day today. I used Hard as Wraps, 2 coats of lacquer, and 1 coat of Poshe. There is so much depth to this shade! If I didn't know better, I'd think I were wearing at least 4-5 thin layers. The microglitter looks silvery and monochromatic in most lighting, but is definitely holographic in the sun. I tried my best to capture that in the photo above, but it just wasn't happening.

And really quick... a bit about Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps... I'm very happy with it so far. Granted, I've only used it on my last 2 manis, but it really does strengthen my nails. I think its helping with the peeling as well. I had Yummy Mummy on for 4 days before a chip, and I did some heavy-duty spring cleaning while wearing it. I'm curious to see how it holds up to hand washings at work, but so far, I've found a winner!

2 comments:

  1. I love that polish too! I had it on my wish list for several months and then when I found it I was the happiest girl on earth. Yes - over polish. It IS soo beautiful and it's office friendly but so much more than that and far from a boring neutral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just getting into polish when it was originally released as All Hail McQueen. I was soooo happy when I picked it up at an Ulta on a trip to Chicago. Literally did a happy dance in the store. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...