Monday, March 14, 2011

Catching up! Misbehaved II, Essie Sew Psyched, and Orly Royal Velvet

So, I allowed myself to get super behind on my posts, so rather than make 3 separate ones, I'll do one larger... BTW, unless otherwise noted, 1 coat Bonder, 2 coats color, 1 coat Seche Vite.

So, this is a washed out, busy shot of my nails after 9 days of Misbehaved. Absolutely perfect but for the growth. Had I been able to tolerate that, I believe they could've lasted 3-4 days more. It's especially noticeable on my 1st and 4th fingers. I'll be much more careful to get them closer to my cuticles when I put on the Cut It Out ones. I also tried adding a coat of Seche Vite about a week in, and found it just peeled loose from my bare nail.

Yes, that is yarn on my desktop. Have I not geeked out about the knitting here?

This is Essie Sew Psyched. I have wanted this one for so long, I was afraid I'd be so disappointed with it. Not. At. All. I was a little nervous after the first coat as it looked super streaky, but the second evened it out, and it looked totally beautiful! The formula is super smooth. This picture is way too yellow d/t my lighting. (my child has kidnapped my sucky-but-better-than-the-iphone camera) The color is a nice, dusty green.


The following is Orly Royal Velvet. It's from the Spring 2011 collection. I saw swatches of them on Vampy Varnish and this was the only one that sparked my interest. I went to Sally's in hopes of getting a China Glaze crackle polish or two, but no go. They sold out in an hour. :( But, this was on the shelf, so I got it. I had my heart set on new polish. The picture below is very accurate as far as the color on me. Looks very little like Vampy's. It looks like a bright blue with royal purple undertones. It took 3 coats of Royal Velvet to even it out. This is after 3 days of wear. I'm now up to day 5 and only have 2 small chips.


So what's next? I was going to do my second set of Sally Hansen strips, but since St Patrick's Day is coming, I figure I'll throw in a green polish. Trying to decide between RBL Anne, CG Peace on Earth, or Sew Psyched again. And now that Sew Psyched is all mine, I'll be turning my efforts to butter LONDON All Hail the Queen...

1 comment:

  1. Ya know, you make it hard for a person to get you a surprise. Back to the drawing board....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...