Thursday, November 1, 2012

butter LONDON Dodgy Barnett and Shag - Swatches and Review

It seems that butter LONDON had released a store-exclusive polish every other week shortly after their regular Autumn/Winter collection was released. Several seemed lovely, but I've been trying to reign in my polish spending lately and if there are two things I have trouble backing away from, it's holos and browns. So, to my home came Dodgy Barnett and Shag.

Dodgy Barnett is a very fine silver glitter with scattered holo particles. It's rather thin, but builds up easily. I have two coats on my ring finger and three on the others. Dodgy Barnett is a beautiful, clean-feeling polish. I wish the holo were a bit more pronounced, but I'm still pretty happy with it.



The other polish I ordered from this collection is Shag. Shag is a warm-toned, brown shimmer polish. I was so excited for this one because I love browns, but I was very underwhelmed by this polish on my nails. I don't know if it's because of my skin tone or what, but just don't like the look of it. I'll probably give it another go before I completely give up.


What do you think of butter LONDON's new offerings? Any you just couldn't say no to?

2 comments:

  1. I got Shag, but haven't tried it yet. I also got Trustafarian, and was very pleasantly surprised at the formula and the amount of holo. I really wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is! And I got the Nordstrom-exclusive Two Fingered Salute, which looks a whole lot better in the bottle! Rather disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted Two Fingered Salute for the longest time, but kept reading similar reactions to it. It's hard to spend that much money to be satisfied just looking at the bottle. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...