Saturday, August 30, 2014

Abigail Leigh - Help me work to end ovarian cancer!

September is ovarian cancer awareness month, and it is a cause near and dear to my heart because last year, my sister in law was diagnosed with it. Watching what this fierce, strong, hilarious, wonderful woman became during her chemo and radiation was incredibly sad. And terrifying. And I've never told her that. :) You see someone you love suffering and you put on a brave and happy face and try to be encouraging, no matter how you feel inside. But now I'm all FEEL-y and that's not what this post is about...

Helping! How can we help? Research needs to be done. I hate research, but there are folks out there who love it (thank heavens!). Research takes money. So... I've made Abigail Leigh. It's teal because that's the color for ovarian cancer awareness. It's glittery and shimmery because shimmery glittery polish is pretty. It's named Abigail Leigh because that is my sister-in-law's name. I'm donating $3 for each bottle sold to UnTEAL There Is A Cure, a non-profit organization started by Karen and Mike Collins after Karen was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Their mission is to provide hope for cancer patients and survivors by raising money for ovarian cancer research and in the past two years, they have raised $73,000.00 for the cause.

Here she is, go buy a bottle and help fight ovarian cancer! If you don't love the polish but have a couple of dollars to spare, you can visit the UnTEAL There Is A Cure website and donate directly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...